Medphen TPU CLEAR
Thermoplastic Polyurethanes (Shore 65D)
Medical Grade TPU CLEAR s a low-temperature flexible thermoplastic, very soft, and impact-resisting material.
His main properties are:
- Improves the quality and the processability of the base polymer.
- High abrasion and inclemency resistance.
- Top final quality with high brightness, pleasant touch, and suitable resilence (Shore 65D).
- Resistance to cleaning, disinfecting agents, oils, and solvents.
Covestro Deutschland AG is the polymer manufacturer.
First choice for demanding healthcare applications that require high structural stability
Some examples of possible applications are the following:
- Dental applications, dental splints, dental guides or braces
- Medical devices: connectors, catheters, flexible tubes, fluid, and air management.
The user responsible for the design must confirm the product requirements.
The use of a given application must be previously tested by the user to determine its suitability
Recommendations for use
- Processing temperature range: 200- 210º C.
The processing temperature is directly related to the printing speed. The faster the processing speed is, the higher the temperature of the print fuser should be.
- Recommended bed temperature: 50-70 ºC.
If the adherence to the building platform is weak, other products should be used to improve the adherence between the piece and the machine.
- Layer fan speed: 0%, not necessary but if there are fine components is highly recommended.
- Heated chamber temperature: not necessary.
- It is advisable to use fully opened printers to ensure efficient cooling.
- Drying conditions: 65º C for at least 4-8 hours.
Due to the hydrophilic conditions of the thermoplastic polyurethane is recommended the complete material drying before its utilization.
- Printing speed: 20-40mm/s.
This parameter will depend on the final expected quality regarding the stability of the printing machine itself (if the speed is too high can cause bottlenecks, so this parameter has plenty of importance).
- Nozzle size: 0.4-0.6 mm, but smaller nozzles can be used if necessary.
Place the filament in the sealed bag with the desiccant that comes incorporated after each use.