Best and first choice material suitable for medical devices and medical components that require high quality. The graphene nanofiber allows the processability to produce elements of the highest quality and complex structural geometries.
The main properties of this product are:
- Surface quality and structural stability.
- High resistance to chemical agents.
- Highly hydrophobic material that inhibits the growth of bacteria, viruses, algae, or fungi.
- Improves the quality of the polymer without affecting its mechanical properties such as tensile strength.
- The nanofiber blocks the contraction, deformation, and lifting of the layer, so it gives a structure and density that facilitates the processability to produce complex geometries.
ELIX Polymers SL is the manufacturer of the main polymer used. This raw material is additive with graphene-based materials to improve their main qualities.
In addition to its regulatory compliance for selected applications, this product emphasizes good impact resistance, surface quality, and increased density.
All these characteristics are important in our material to facilitate processability to produce complex geometries, as:
- Medical device housing, respiratory devices: elements or spare parts.
- Digital Anatomy: to create real human anatomy models for surgical preparation and testing of procedures with students.
- For dispensers, pillboxes, and medicine containers. Protective cases.
- Protective packaging and custom packaging systems can provide patient flexibility by incorporating multiple medical devices or medications into one the only package.
The use of a given application must be previously tested by the user, to determine its suitability.
Recommendations for use
- Processing temperature range: 235-250C.
The processing temperature is directly related to the printing speed. The faster the processing speed is, the higher the temperature of the print fuser should be.
- Recommended bed temperature: 90-100C.
If the adherence to the building platform is weak, the use of products to improve the adhesion between the part and the machine is recommended.
- Layer fan speed: 0%
- Heated chamber temperature: not necessary (if available, use it at more than 30C)
The use of totally closed printers is recommended to prevent internal stresses produced by the cooling of the parts from causing undesired breakage or deformation.
Drying conditions: 80C for at least 4 hours. Drying of the material is recommended if signs of moisture are detected in the print. Place the filament in the sealed bag with the built-in desiccant after each use.
- Printing speed: 30-60mm/s. This parameter will depend on the final quality that is expected to be achieved as well as the stability of the printing machine itself.
- Nozzle size: 0.4-0.6 mm. To prevent excessive wear on extrusion components, special hardened or stainless steel nozzles should be used.
Due to the reinforcement found in the material itself, this can lead to clogs in the nozzles. To eliminate this problem, filament retraction should be used cautiously, even eliminating it.
Carbon Nanofibers is a material belonging to the family of graphene-based materials (GBM). We offer a fully characterized product with well-defined properties and high-quality standards aimed to help researchers of different fields to obtain reproducibility and replicability on their results and boost the outstanding potential of this material.