Medphen NATURAL PEEK
This product integrates 10% carbon fiber reinforcement for greater strength. This material provides long term performance up to 240°C, with exceptional chemical resistance, excellent wear, and abrasion resistance. It also provides good resistance to weathering.
Also has resistance to lipids, cleaning and disinfectant agents
The manufacturer of the main polymer is Solvay Specialty Polymers.
For use in Class I Medical Device ISO 10993-1 and in devices with USP Class VI Biocompatibility.
Use in a given application must be tested in advance by the user to determine suitability.
Recommendations for use
- Processing temperature range: 390-420 ° C
The processing temperature is directly related to the printing speed. The higher the processing speed, the higher the temperature of the print fuser must be.
- Recommended bed temperature: > 120 ° C
This parameter does not totally condition its use in printers that do not reach these temperatures. If the adherence to the printing base is weak, the use of products to improve the adhesion between the part and the machine is recommended.
- Recommended layer height: 0.15 mm or less.
- Drying conditions of filament and pellet: 150 ° C for at least 4 hours
Place the filament in the sealed bag with the desiccant that comes with it after each use.
- The use of totally closed printers is recommended to prevent internal tensions produced by the cooling of the pieces from causing undesired breakage or deformation.
One recommendation would be to program a controlled cooling process inside the machine with a slow and gradual temperature decrease.
- It is recommended to perform annealing (post-crystallization) in an oven for all the pieces printed on this material to increase the crystallinity of the resin and thus maximize the mechanical, thermal, and chemical resistance properties.
The annealing treatment consists of the following phases:
Phase 1: Place the printed pieces in a fresh oven at room temperature.
Phase 2. Set the temperature at 120°C and let it stabilize for 1 hour.
Phase 3: After 1 hour, increase the oven temperature to 150°C and allow it to stabilize for 1 to 3 hours depending on the thickness of the printed pieces.
Phase 4: After heating to 150°C, reduce the heat to 100°C and let it stabilize for 30 minutes.
Phase 5: After 30 minutes, turn off the oven, allowing the pieces to cool down inside to room temperature.
Place the filament in the sealed bag with the desiccant that comes incorporated after each use.