The first choice of material for demanding healthcare applications, as well as for medical applications requiring structural stability and high agility.
Characteristics of the material added by graphene oxide:
- DURA ABS contains pure graphene oxide with optimized size and concentration to maintain the perfect mechanical properties of the polymer.
- Graphene particles develop a defense structure against viruses and bacteria. These particles also increase the heat dissipation of the material.
- Hydrophobic material that inhibits the growth of bacteria, viruses, algae, or fungi.
- Outstanding characteristics such as resistance to impact and abrasion, grease, cleaners, and disinfectants are relevant.
- Graphene blocks shrinkage, deformation, and layer lift, thereby provide structure and density that facilitate processability to produce complex geometries.
- Also noteworthy is the increase in the melting temperature, the wide range of temperatures it can withstand without degrading, and the increase in heat dissipation.
ELIX Polymers, S.L. is the manufacturer of the base polymer used as a matrix, which is added to the graphene-based material.
In Medical Device applications with USP Class VI plastics and ISO 10993-1 certification, biocompatibility for up to 30 days in contact with the human body.
- Medical device Housing, respiratory devices: elements or spare parts
- Digital Anatomy: to create real human anatomy models for surgical preparation and testing of procedures with students.
- For dispensers, pillboxes, and medicine containers. Protective cases.
- Protective packaging and custom packaging systems can provide patient flexibility by incorporating multiple medical devices or medications into one only package.
Usage of a particular product or application should be tested for performance in advance.
The user responsible for the design must confirm the product requirements.
The use of a given application must be previously tested by the user, to determine its suitability.
Recommendations for use
- Processing temperature range: 260-310C.
The processing temperature is directly related to the printing speed. The faster the processing speed is, the higher the temperature of the print fuser should be.
- Recommended bed temperature: 90-100C.
If the adherence to the building platform is weak, it is recommended to use products to improve the adherence between the piece and the machine.
- Layer fan speed: 0%.
- Heated chamber temperature: not necessary (if available, use it at more than 45C)
It is advisable to use totally closed printers to prevent internal stresses produced by the cooling of the parts from causing undesired breakage or deformation.
- Drying conditions: 80C for at least 4 hours.
Drying of the material is recommended if signs of moisture are detected in the print.
- Printing speed: 30-60mm/s.
This parameter will depend on the final quality that is expected to be achieved as well as the stability of the printing machine itself.
To prevent excessive wear of the extrusion components, special hardened or stainless steel nozzles should be used.
Due to the reinforcement found in the material itself, this can lead to nozzle clogging. To eliminate this problem, filament shrinkage must be used cautiously, even to the point of eliminating it.
Place the filament in the sealed bag with the built-in desiccant after each use.
General description: Graphene Oxide (GO-L)
Graphene oxide is a material belonging to the family of graphene-based materials (GBM). With Medphen GO-L we offer a fully characterized product with well-defined properties and high-quality standards aimed to help researchers of different fields to obtain reproducibility and replicability on their results and boost the outstanding potential of this material. General description:
- Flake Size: 5-100 µm
- Bulk Density: ~1.8 g/cm3
- Number of layers: 4-16
- Oxidation: 3.1:1